Reformed and Repurposed, New and Improved!
Due to sudden and unexpected events, we merged talented raiders from two 10-main raid groups along with an influx of additional talented raiders to become a Mythic (formerly known as Heroic) raiding guild late in Mists of Pandaria.
Although forged late in MoP, our new raid group quickly began conquering Mythic (formerly known as Heroic) Seige of Orgrimmar, taking down 10/14 bosses within our first 6 weeks together before a planned 6-8 weeks break, and then we came back during the week of patch 6.0 and proceeded to hand the last four Mythic bosses their @$$e$!
As a result, the Mythic raiding group we forged is headed into Warlords of Draenor full of very talented and capable raiders with very high expectations for what's to come.
The officers and guild founders have all raided in "hardcore" guilds, but decided this atmosphere and play style were not to their liking, so as a result, Monolith was born!
Monolith is a friendly and fun atmosphere for our guild and raids (no point in playing a game if you're not having fun, right?!). However, we are serious about our raiding and uphold many of the beliefs of a hardcore progression guild.
- Gear, gems, and enchants which reflect proper knowledge of the character's spec / off-spec.
- Properly gemmed and enchanted gear with the best available.
- Proper raid time arrival with reasonable raid attendance .
- Having great raid awareness and effectiveness.
- Focusing, and following raid lead instructions, on every raid encounter for every attempt.
- Consistently working on maximizing your character and your performance.
- Have, and use, key raiding addons (see further below).
- Playing at a high level.
These are basic requirements which should not be new to serious raiders (such as aspiring Monolith raiders).
With that said, we aren't a "hardcore progression guild."
We do our best to not extend raid times, and we don't expect to fight for server firsts.
However, our raid group has quite competitive individuals with high standards who expect well-paced progression with our short, but effectively spent, raid style.
As a raider in Monolith you will likely be provided with raiding essentials (flasks, potions, enchants, repair money, etc.).
As such, we expect our raiders (and encourage all members) to contribute to the guild raiding supplies with whatever they can.
What we want is for you to show up for your raids, enjoy your time with our special collection of "unique and interesting" personalities, and ultimately have fun!
Current Raid Times:
Mythic group (20-man): 5:30-8:30pm PST, Tuesday, Thursday, and Monday (Times may vary depending on progression and availability).
Heroic group (10-30 man Flex): 5:30-8:30pm PST, Sunday only
- Deadly Boss Mods or VEM (Voice Encounter Mods)
- GTFO (for those who are bad at getting out of bad!)
Who we are NOT looking for:
- Drama mamas, Drama queens, Loot Whores, Troll-ohlolos.
- Players who want to join just for loot, or who complain that they don't get enough loot, and/or who leave (the guild) after not getting the loot they thought they deserved.
**In other words, don't complain about loot, unless you want the boot.**
Additionally, we hate all forms of complaining, trolling, and general negativity. This applies within, and outside of, our guild. Respect is important to us, and the <Monolith> tag under your character's name means you represent our family at all times, and under all circumstances, whether you want/like it or not.
WHO we are looking for:
- Players who enjoy raiding, and challenges, above all else.
- Players who know how, and want, to maximize their usefulness to the raid and the guild.
- Players who put their raid/guild's needs above personal interest.
- Players who can think for themselves first, and follow directions second.
- Finally, we are looking for players who want to have fun while working on the hardest, most challenging, content this game has to offer at our pace.
What we are recruiting:
- Currently we are accepting applications for backup raider status, but we are always interested in exceptional players (and depending on our roster, some recruits could quickly become back-ups, and further, full-time Mythic raiders).
**If you're interested, we would love to hear about you so please apply here: http://www.monolith-kilrogg.enjin.com **
Once you submit your application, kindly contact: Drtybritches, Galone, Nandos, Tarnius, Supadupa, or Lunaswraith in-game.
MoP Raid Progression:
6/6H Mogu'Shan Vaults (10-man)
6/6H Heart of Fear (10-man)
4/4H Terrace of Endless Springs (10-man)
2/13H Throne of Thunder (10-man)
4/14H Siege of Orgrimmar (10-man) (ended 3/10/14)
10/14H Siege of Orgrimmar (25-man) (Pre-6.0)
14/14M Seige of Orgrimmar (20-man) (Post-6.0)